Real Computer Solutions, Inc.
1 Research Court, Suite 450
Rockville, MD 20850
Member since May 2017
Solid Waste Reduction and Reuse
We encourage a paper-free workplace and have cut down on the need for paper by sending and receiving invoices by e-mail.
- We recycle old cable (copper and/or any other metals) from commercial jobs.
- We keep large bins available so that everyone can collect materials from jobs and drop off making it a joint effort.
- We recycle any paper and/or cardboard from shipping.
- We recycle for our customers.
- We offer and encourage to take old computers and ink cartridges from our customer base to the recycler.
- We offer to drop off old electronic equipment and TV’s to recycle, thus keeping dangerous materials leaching out into the landfill.
- We start earlier than normal to avoid heat on hot days.
- We use natural light when we can and turn off lights when possible.
- We offer casual wear instead of uniforms, offering a polo shirt with our logo.
- We always offer Energy Star products where applicable for sale.
- We always encourage and are happy to set the energy saving modes of equipment when possible.
- We shut down when office equipment in evenings and during weekend.
- We adopted Just-in-Time (JIT) inventory practices where we only acquire needed products as demand requires thus reducing the space needed for heating and cooling of warehouse space.
- Office employees have been set up to work from home.
- Substantial fuel savings by employees not running up and down I-270.
- Saving over $7,500 annually.
Efficient Business Travel
- Wherever possible, we schedule jobs that are close together so that we can save on fuel and reduce wear and tear on our vehicles.
- We try not to make separate trips for anything and always try to pick items up on the way to somewhere.
- We scan and send paper work via email thus eliminating travel time and paper usage
We keep our equipment up to date on maintenance for best performance.