Contract IT Technician (3-6 months)
This is a temporary project which will start in September 2014 and end in TBD end of 2014 or early 2015.
***Must be US Citizen and be able to maintain an Active Public Trust Clearance***
Performs various, basic tasks within an information technology Help Desk/ Technician functions (e.g., applications systems development, technical support, network administration, PC Imaging, Asset Management). Note: This is only a 3 to 6 month assignment
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of basic/developmental tasks and activities that are appropriate for the IT function.
- Performs installations, personal computer configurations, trouble shooting, set up and breakdown of computer systems. Outlook, My Documents, Favorites, Custom Applications and MS-Office Suite 2003 to 2010
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- 5 years of experience as Help Desk or IT Technician or;
- 2-3 years of equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is, Information Systems or other related discipline is preferred
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of network and computing devices, operating systems, systems development, and/or information systems architecture that is appropriate for the IT function
- Demonstrates strong computer skills including a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingly seeks and shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise with others
- Basic decision-making, problem-solving, team building, and time management skills
- Ability to learn and utilize appropriate equipment, tools, software, methods
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and learning new subject matter
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, pack and unpack computer hardware
- Knowledge of performing data backups and equipment installs.
- Additional skills, knowledge, and experience may be required based on the type of functions the incumbent will perform
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance or higher
US Citizenship required ***If you are not a US Citizen Please Do NOT Apply***
Canadian Citizenship does not count.
Entry level to mid-level role. Basic skills with basic level of proficiency. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience.