Term 60 to 90 days
Salary : TBD (1099)
To be a dynamic team that is loyal to the needs of our clients and to be the vital force behind the success of our clients’ IT needs.
To deliver personalized solutions, timely services, and on-going technical guidance that result in a trusting relationship.
At RCS, we like to think of ourselves as your partner in IT, not just a service provider. We stand by the belief that each and every one of our clients deserve the highest level of service possible. This is why we always go above and beyond to solve your technology issues.
Real Computer Solutions brings professional and personalized technology services to business, and government customers.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Systems Engineer Microsoft Exchange Architect:
Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots all hardware and software related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. Works with outside vendors as well as internal engineering team to deliver new systems and services as well as ensure system uptime is within the defined SLA for all mail related systems. Implements and prepares migration effort for moving 4000+ mailboxes from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016.
- The Exchange Architect will assess, design and implement migrations from legacy Exchange versions or third party messaging applications to Exchange 2016 and/or Exchange Online.
- Lead client visioning for future systems, lead project teams, prepare scope documents and project plans, and design and implement best practices for provisioning, identity management and password management to ensure client investment in technology is consistent with their business objectives.
- The Exchange Architect will also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Exchange matters.
- Performs independent analysis of the existing enterprise Microsoft Exchange architecture.
- Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework.
- Play a lead role in the Datacenter consolidation for the Exchange and messaging services in a Microsoft and VMWare environment.
- Create plans and Visio diagrams to collapse datacenters and ensure successful Exchange migrations. Works closely with hardware and software systems in the identification and resolution of server/application problems and concerns for complex projects.
- Performs technical-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components.
- Generates a set of acceptance test requirements for complex systems, together with the designers, test engineers, and the user to determine that all of the high level requirements have been met, especially for the computer-human-interface.
- Responsible for overall design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the company’s Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 production and test environments.
- Develop and execute testing plans to ensure configuration changes, software upgrades, and patches are thoroughly tested and documented in the test environment before being implemented in production.
- Develop and execute testing and implementation plans for third party applications requiring integration to Microsoft Exchange including but not limited to mobile devices, and other third party applications.
- Provide guidance for security best practices as they relate to messaging.