IT Infrastructure Manager
Real Computer Solutions (RCS) is seeking a detail-oriented, success driven IT Infrastructure Manager to manage the enterprise IT architecture standards. This position will process implementation and improvements; planning, organizing, and oversight of infrastructure projects to ensure the continued stable performance of the organization’s IT infrastructure and will serve as the IT Process Owner. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas with a particular focus on new service and system requests, configuration management, requirements management, and enterprise application management of the network infrastructure, server infrastructure, storage infrastructure, security systems, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The IT Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for relationship management with RCS business groups and the architectural design and implementation of corporate and client systems, including ERP, CRM, Contracts Management, System Management, Clinical Management Systems, and SSS’ client specific systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing the technical oversight and leadership of SSS enterprise infrastructure systems, servers, core business applications and communications networks. Reviews existing infrastructure and systems and proposes changes to meet business requirements.
- Provides oversight on all infrastructure projects and exercises sound project management methodologies.
- Supervises, manages, and provides career development guidance to SSS Infrastructure Systems staff. Develop staff skills; schedule and ensure appropriate staffing coverage for all tasks. Directs and supervises staff in technical operations regarding IT support, LAN/WAN, network devices, and other technology services. Manages other IT staff to accomplish these efforts.
- Ensure SLA’s and OLA’s are in place to support IT Services.
- Works with the Director of ITS services, IT Operations Manager and IT Security Manager to enhance and cultivate communications between SSS organizational units and ITS and participates in ITS Leadership functions.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, documentation, and operation of the corporate and project disaster recovery plans.
- Verifies systems conform to company policies and guidelines, including Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and Security Plans. Stays abreast of legal and contract requirements relating to security and data storage.
- Provides oversight and guidance on monitoring and reporting on the health of corporate enterprise infrastructure systems.
- Manages the IT Service document library and process assets; Develops SOPS, user guides and reference materials for specific applications, tasks or processes.
- Designs and manages projects that provide network-based solutions including equipment, software, and services. Develops comprehensive documentation on the deployment and ongoing administration and maintenance activities; manages transition of systems to the Operations group at project closeout.
- Collaborates with other business groups and project staff to develop solutions to support the requirements of the business and our clients.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of project, task, and systems documentation.
- Manages a change management process to evaluate architectural and system changes to mitigate risk and document changes.
- Manages and tracks maintenance contracts, subscriptions, and other time-sensitive issues as they relate to network operations. This includes, but is not limited to, domain names, maintenance contracts, software subscription fees, security certificates, and technical support contracts.
- Manages and tracks system maintenance activities, including preventative maintenance on servers, network infrastructure, microcomputers, printers, and other IT and telecommunications equipment.
- Researches new technology for potential application to SSS and/or clients. Keeps abreast of current trends in the technology industry.
The ideal candidate must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities and assignments. The IT Infrastructure Manager must have strong project management skills, be an excellent communicator, have demonstrated experience with service management frameworks such as CMMI and or ITIL, restructure manager and be familiar with accounting principles in order to support budgeting, planning and management of projects and expenses in their functional area.
- Bachelors Degree with at least 10 years of related network and infrastructure support experience
- Proven Project Management experience
- Staff Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ITIL or CMMI experience a plus
- Cross Functional Technical Experience:
- Windows, Linux Operating Systems
- Exchange Server, VOIP
- Cisco, Juniper Switches and Firewalls
- VPN Solutions
- Storage Systems
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Temp to Hire to Full-Time/Regular