IT Operations Manager
Real Computer Solutions (RCS) is seeking a detail-oriented, success driven IT Operations Manager. The IT Operations Manager will be responsible for all service operations to ensure they meet RCS business needs and customer requirements. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas with a particular focus on: service delivery, process improvements and implementation, network infrastructure, server infrastructure, storage infrastructure, information security, application management, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The IT Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly skilled, advanced degreed professional team and must possess good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities and assignments. Strong project management skills is required. The IT Operation Manager must have demonstrated experience with service management frameworks such as CMMI and or ITIL, and be familiar with accounting principles in order to support budgeting, planning and management of projects and expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing leadership, technical oversight, and management of service strategy, design, transition and operations of IT services.
- Manages end-user support of enterprise infrastructure systems, servers, core business applications, communications networks and desktop systems and applications. Reviews existing systems and proposes changes to meet business requirements.
- Provides oversight on all infrastructure projects and exercises sound project management methodologies.
- Supervises, manages, and provides career development guidance to RCS operations service desk, Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff. Develop staff skills; schedule and ensure appropriate staffing coverage for all tasks.
- Supervises the performance of network administration tasks, including back-up and maintenance duties. Provides network hardware support to servers, cabling, and the infrastructure equipment including routers, switches, servers, tape drives, and storage devices.
- Responsible for asset management functions including purchasing, receiving, inventory tracking and reporting on all IT Assets.
- Works with the Director of IT Services, The Security Manager and Architecture teams to enhance and cultivate communications between RCS organizational units and ITS and participates in ITS Leadership functions.
- Responsible for the Implementation, maintenance, documentation, and operation of the corporate and project disaster recovery plans.
- Provides oversight and guidance on monitoring and reporting on the health of corporate enterprise infrastructure systems.
- Assists in the development of user guides and reference materials for specific applications or tasks.
- Manages projects including equipment, software, and service implementations. Develops comprehensive documentation on the deployment and ongoing administration and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of project, task, and systems documentation.
- Maintain day to day responsibility, ownership and resolution of service management issues that arise in connection with service operations.
- Review service metrics (CSFs and KPIs) that identify the success of the services being utilized to recommend and coordinate implementation of changes to ITSM services to improve metrics.
- Review Service Management data to ensure business and service support leaders are informed of the relative health of their services and the effort taken to achieve their goals.
- Manages and tracks maintenance contracts, subscriptions, and other time-sensitive issues as they relate to IT operations. This includes, but is not limited to, domain names, maintenance contracts, software subscription fees, security certificates, and technical support contracts.
- Manages and tracks system maintenance activities, including preventative maintenance on servers, network infrastructure, PCs, MAC, printers, and other IT and telecommunications equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years of related, desktop, network and infrastructure support experience
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Staff Management Experience
- Exhibit clear oral and written communication skills
- ITIL or CMMI experience
- Cross Functional Technical Experience:
- Windows 2003, 2008
- Exchange Server
- Cisco: Switches, ASA
- VPN Solutions
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Temp to Hire to Full-Time/Regular