Real Computer Solutions (RCS) is seeking a detail-oriented, success driven Project Manager. The Project Manager’s role is to direct one or more major, complex IT projects and ensures the quality and timeliness of project deliverables within established requirements by formulating plans, allocating and managing resources, and providing outstanding customer service. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key project management principles in the IT group. The ideal candidate will have a previous IT technical background and will be required to closely interact with systems engineers and architects. The candidate will also be an excellent communicator able to effectively work with stakeholders, clients and project staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops project work plan schedules, milestones, cost estimates and budgets; identifies areas of risk and incorporates risk mitigation plan; using a tracking system, develops timelines and schedules of deliverables and manages resources to achieve milestones.
- Formulates and implements staffing plans; proposes additional staff and training to meet project needs; coordinates with other company operating units on cross-company staff assignments; works closely with supervisors to conduct performance and salary reviews; addresses performance problems and manages staff conflicts in accordance with company policies.
- Serves as primary point of contact with the client; communicates and negotiates effectively with the client on status/changes to ongoing scope of work, schedules and budget; informs client of contract issues and problems timely and proactively develops solutions.
- Uses company resources to manage costs within budget; manages expense authorization process, develops and updates cost projections; and provides cost and milestone reports to client.
- Effectively manages IT resources across competing projects
- Primary lead in proposal efforts and project estimation
- Collaborates with other business groups and project staff to develop solutions to support the requirements of the business and our clients.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of project documentation
- Exhibit and demonstrate clear verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service attributes
- Team-oriented; skilled in working in a collaborative environment; and diplomatic
- Bachelors Degree with at least 8 years of related network and infrastructure support experience
- 5 years of IT Project Management Experience
- Demostrated ability to manage multiple medium or large projects
- Staff Management Experience
- Exhibit clear verbal and written communication skills
- ITIL or CMMI experience a plus
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Temp to Hire to Full-Time/Regular